Stockholm Green Digital Finance joins the Climate Chain Coalition
The Climate Chain Coalition (CCC) was born during the One Planet Summit in December in Paris France. The Coalition engages a multi-stakeholder group working on distributed ledger technology (DLT) to collaborate on mobilizing climate finance.
DLT and blockchain could:
- strengthen monitoring, reporting and verification of the impacts of climate action
- improve transparency, traceability and cost-effectiveness of climate action
- build trust among climate actors
- make incentive mechanisms for climate action accessible to the poorest
- support mobilization of green finance.
The CCC mission is to advance collaboration among members working on issues of common interest, and to help enhance the environmental integrity and results of DLT applications for climate. The CCC membership agreed on shared principles and values to facilitate and guide activities for capacity building, networking, research, governance, demonstrations and pilot projects.